Staff Associate Auditor - Payroll Compliance
|Title:||Staff Associate Auditor - Payroll Compliance|
|Department:||Payroll Compliance Audit|
Join our growing team as Staff Associate Auditors in our Payroll Compliance department We have openings for a January 2021 start date.
We are a Westchester, IL-based CPA firm with offices in Edina, MN and Schererville, IN. Our firm specializes in audit, accounting and tax services to employee benefit plans, labor organizations, not-for-profit organizations and governmental entities. Legacy Professionals provides exciting opportunities for its employees to grow and advance. We strongly believe in promoting from within and look for people who possess the desire to build a successful and rewarding career. We developed an extensive payroll compliance audit program and maintain a separate staff of payroll compliance auditors dedicated exclusively to performing payroll compliance audits. Our payroll compliance audit program is tailored for each client.
In this position, you will perform compliance audits (generally in the field at employer locations) for various fringe benefit funds to determine if an employer is contributing properly to the benefit funds. Initial assignments will include assisting experienced compliance auditors on audit engagements and performing a wide range of audit support functions.
- Read collective bargaining agreements and understand the basis upon which contributions should be made
- Prepare audit files, set up audit appointments and send confirmation letters to organizations being audited.
- Review previous files (if any) to ensure any previous problems have been resolved
- Perform fieldwork based on compliance audit program
- Prepare audit report and submit file for review
- Perform basic analysis and analytical review
- Revise report after review (if needed)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field. Accounting (Non-CPA path), Finance or business majors preferred OR Associate’s degree with at least 2 years professional work experience
- Strong analytical, research and technical skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with MS Excel and Word
- Teamwork and communications skills (Oral and written)
- Detail oriented and able to handle numerous assignments
- Familiarity with payroll systems/business checking accounts is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation in order to drive to employer locations for audit assignments. Local travel will be required and out-of-town travel may be required at times
- Great opportunity for growth within the firm
- Opportunity to work closely with Principals, Managers, Staff Associates and Employers
- Competitive benefits package (including vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long/short-term disability, life insurance and a flexible spending account program)
- Dress for your day attire (jeans in the office and professional attire at clients)
- Reimbursement for CFE review course and exam fees
- Bonus when successfully completing the CFE exam
- Payment for professional membership costs
- Employee referral bonus
- Fun firm sponsored social events
Legacy Professionals LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications